Corner view

Château de Saint-Germain-en-Laye, in the village of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, about 12 miles west of Paris, France, is a French palace which served as a royal residence from the second half of the 16th century until 1680. During the German occupation (1940–44), the château served as the headquarters of the German Army in France. It is now the home of the National Archeology Museum.